CSignum is the only wireless communications provider that enables transmission of data through the water-air boundary, water column, seabed and subsea structures using HydroFi technology. Our patented communication, monitoring and navigational platform and solutions help global aquaculture, ocean observing, offshore wind, and oil and gas industries. Armed with dynamic readings, our customers can make smart, data-driven decisions for any situation they may encounter.
Purpose of the Role
This role will support the development CSignum’s flagship product: the HydroFi modem. The role is a permanent position in our expanding engineering department and reports to the Mechanical Team Leader. The role is available due to the accelerating maturity of our flagship product. This will involve, COVID compliant, hands-on working in the Bathgate office to prototype and test the next iteration of our products.
CSignum is an expanding start-up and ideal candidates will be able to bring experience of process-heavy environments but adapt their approach to an agile and dynamic company.
CSignum are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work closely within our small team of Mechanical, Electronics, Software, and Systems engineers. The candidate is expected to be able to work under their own initiative and proactively improve products & processes. The candidate will be provided with ample opportunity for growth and exposure to a wide variety of challenges.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Design of mechanical components in support of CSignum radio products. These may include: watertight enclosures; enclosure brackets; PCB mounting hardware; test fixtures; deployment frames.
- 3D modelling & creation of 2D manufacturing drawings in Solidworks
- Management of mechanical component supply chain
- Support R&D with basic prototyping and assembly of new products in support of their development
- Actively participate in scrum planning, and log tasks in Jira
- Engaging with other engineering disciplines to ensure interfaces are compliant
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Experience with 3D CAD tools
- Generation of technical documentation (e.g. design specifications, test specifications & procedures, assembly instructions)
- Appreciation of design for manufacture, test, and assembly
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes
- Basic workshop and assembly skills
It would be beneficial for the candidate to have experience in some or all the following areas:
- Finite Element Modelling
- Design of mould tools for injection moulding plastics
- Product data management (Version Control, BOMs, Family Trees, etc)
- Understanding of GD&T
- Design of products which operate in harsh environments
- Knowledge of offshore/marine operations
- Writing COSHH and risk assessments
Qualifications & Certifications
- 2/3 years engineering experience in relevant role is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar STEM subject
- Right to work in UK
- £33k to 38K salary depending on experience.
- Company Pension Scheme
- 33 days holidays per year (inclusive of public holidays)
- Flexible working hours with some remote working opportunities (post COVID).
- Private Medical for you and partner
- Death in service
- Wide array of onsite facilities such as subsidised gym, child care (payment required), canteen, and pool table.