CSignum is the only wireless communications provider that enables transmission of data through the water-air boundary, water column, seabed and subsea structures using HydroFi technology. Our patented communication, monitoring and navigational platform and solutions help global aquaculture, ocean observing, offshore wind, and oil and gas industries. Armed with dynamic readings, our customers can make smart, data-driven decisions for any situation they may encounter.
CSignum is an expanding start-up and ideal candidates will be able to bring experience of process-heavy environments but adapt their approach to an agile and dynamic company, and enjoy a varied workload.
The System & Production Test Engineer will be responsible for the definition, development, implementation, validation, and documentation of system test solutions and production test solutions for CSignum products, sub-assemblies, and components.
The successful candidate will have a broad skill set in many disciplines of test. In-depth experience of test solution development within an operations/factory environment is a pre-requisite of the role. The candidate will be working alongside the mechanical, hardware, software and systems engineers to define, develop and execute system testing such as range and power tests.
- To provide technical expertise covering all aspects of system & production test at component, module, and system integration level.
- Carry out system tests including power verification and in the field range tests
- Interpretation of test requirements specifications that will enable:
- Generation of test and deployment strategies that will be executed during product development or enhancement projects.
- Development, both internally and externally, of test solutions to verify the performance of various electro/mechanical modules and systems.
- Interaction with the engineering team during design reviews, design outputs, technical requirement refinement and Design for Test deliverables.
- Verification and validation that test solutions meet all requirements.
- Monitor and analyse system & production test data to ensure test processes are under control.
- Provide technical leadership in non-routine fault isolation, diagnosis, and repair of test solutions.
- Lead and implement test improvement initiatives through trend and root cause analysis.
- Provide technical documentation and training to production and supplier personnel.
- Maintain change control and compliance of the test solution technical data packages, including hardware and software design, BoM, and related procedures.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Skilled in test fixture design, build and implementation.
- Experienced in developing hardware test solutions in a production/manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle, and demonstrable application of relevant test methodologies and toolsets.
- Experience with test requirements development and flow‐down of higher-level test requirements to lower-level sub-systems.
- Requirement verification and validation for Product Test Solutions.
- Experience with hands-on hardware/software integration and troubleshooting.
- Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean manufacturing.
It would be beneficial for the candidate to have experience in some or all the following areas:
- Experience with Jira and Scrum.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience with LabView/C# or other test automation software.
- Experience with requirements and test management software.
Qualifications & Certifications
- Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline or equivalent education gained through work experiences in a high technology production environment.
- Engineering degree preferred or equivalent professional experience.
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- 33 days holidays per year (inclusive of public holidays).
- Flexible working hours with some remote working opportunities (post COVID).
- Wide array of onsite facilities such as subsidised gym, child care (Childcare not provided by CSignum), canteen, and pool table.
- Private medical insurance for you and your partner.
- Death in service cover