CSignum is the only wireless communications provider that enables transmission of data through the water-air boundary, water column, seabed and subsea structures using HydroFi technology. Our patented communication, monitoring and navigational platform and solutions help global aquaculture, ocean observing, offshore wind, and oil and gas industries. Armed with dynamic readings, our customers can make smart, data-driven decisions for any situation they may encounter.
Purpose of the Role
This role will support the development CSignum’s flagship product development. The role is a permanent position in our expanding Software department reporting initially to the Software Team leader. The role is available to bolster the companies testing capabilities as we move into a more intensive test phase of product development. This will involve COVID compliant hands-on working in the Bathgate office to carry out test activities that cannot be done working remotely.
CSignum is an expanding start-up and ideal candidates will be able to bring experience of process-heavy environments but adapt their approach to an agile and dynamic company.
CSignum are looking for a proactive software test engineer to work closely with our small team of Electronics, Mechanical, software engineers and other test engineers. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Confirmation testing of developer testing
- Using Jira to manage test cases and sign-off on software functionality being fully tested.
- Generating functional, integration (product and system), regression, and production software test cases and documentation and carrying out the testing.
- Working with our contract manufacturer to ensure products are tested correctly.
- Working with other team members to pull together product and system level documentation.
- Adding acceptance tests existing functionality.
- Participate in code review sessions and sign-off on tested features.
- Effectively logging, monitoring and retesting all defects found during testing
- Escalating any issues likely to affect the project scope or timescales
- Having a positive impact on the quality of our products
- Generate experimental code in C for rapidly integrating new sensors into our product.
- Effectively report back issue with new sensor integration.
- Work closely with any hardware test engineers for product and system integration
- On site/ in lab test support.
- Local off-site work required for testing product e.g. on boat in the sea or in a loch.
- Help out with more practical aspects of product testing.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Extensive experience working in a formal software test environment.
- Proven experience writing software test procedures.
- Creating software test processes and procedures to ensure that the software team is testing in the same way.
- Experience with test automation
- Experience working in an agile environments.
- Experience using revision control systems.
- Experience with the C programming language with embedded systems to meet product requirements.
- Experience with common interfaces such as RS232, RS485, ethernet, SPI, I2C, Canbus
- Capable of reading schematics, using oscilloscopes and logic analysers
It would be beneficial for the candidate to have experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Experience setting up software build servers.
- Experience with Texas Instruments ARM processors and DSP processors.
- Experience with real time operating systems
- Experience with bit bucket
- Experience with Jira and Scrum
- Experience with TI Code composer studio.
- Experience testing Windows based applications.
- Experience with board and/or wiring soldering.
Qualifications & Certifications
- A minimum of 5/6 years engineering experience with a 3 years working in areas of essential experience preferred.
- Minimum 2:1 Engineering degree / Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Company Pension Scheme
- 33 days holidays per year (inclusive of public holidays)
- Flexible working hours with some remote working opportunities (post COVID).
- Wide array of onsite facilities such as subsidised gym, child care (Childcare not provided by CSignum), canteen, and pool table.
- Private medical insurance for you and your partner
- Death in service cover