CSignum is the only wireless communications provider that enables transmission of data through the water-air boundary, water column, seabed and subsea structures using HydroFi technology. Our patented communication, monitoring and navigational platform and solutions help global aquaculture, ocean observing, offshore wind, and oil and gas industries. Armed with dynamic readings, our customers can make smart, data-driven decisions for any situation they may encounter.
Purpose of the Role
The permanent position is to provide additional hardware design and test capability to our existing team of hardware engineers. The role will initially focus on product enhancements and test with further NPI opportunities opening up in the future as we work through our product roadmap.
CSignum is an expanding start-up and ideal candidates will be able to bring experience of process-heavy environments but adapt their approach to an agile and dynamic company.
CSignum are looking for a hands-on proactive Hardware engineer to work closely with our small team of Systems, Mechanical and Software engineers. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Bring innovation and creativity to new designs and support products into production
- Your electronics skills will be used across the full hardware lifecycle: requirements analysis, design and unit test, integrating hardware with the target system, acceptance test and delivery to the customer.
- Generating high quality and robust designs.
- Fully documenting and recording your work.
- You will work closely with Systems, Mechanical, Hardware and Software engineers to solve real integration problems on complex systems.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Extensive experience with schematic capture software with a strong preference towards Altium Designer.
- Experience guiding layout resource to ensure fit for purpose designs.
- Extensive experience with mixed signal designs.
- Experience of design for low power consumption.
- Experience of power supply design.
- Experience of Low Noise Hardware Design.
- Solid experience with EMC design principles
- Experience with simulation tools such as SPICE
- A methodical approach to the full hardware design lifecycle, working to a structured hardware process, while having experience of de-bugging and testing new designs and supporting verification and integration.
- Ability to communicate effectively across different disciplines both verbally and in written form, as well as being able to work on own and as part of a team.
It would be beneficial for the candidate to have experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Experience with PCB layout using Altium.
- Experience designing RF circuits.
- Experience with RF/electromagnetic
- Experience of ADC/DAC circuit design
- Experience working with subsea/underwater equipment.
- Previous experience in new product development for volume manufacturing.
- Ability to interface with suppliers of key components and assemblies.
- Experience with modelling tools such as MATLAB.
Qualifications & Certifications
- Minimum 5 years electronics design engineering experience.
- Minimum 2:1 Engineering degree or equivalent knowledge gained through extensive experience.
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- 33 days holidays per year (inclusive of public holidays).
- Flexible working hours with some remote working opportunities (post COVID).
- Wide array of onsite facilities such as subsidised gym, child care (Childcare not provided by CSignum), canteen, and pool table.
- Private medical insurance for you and your partner.
- Death in service cover