CSignum is the only wireless communications provider that enables transmission of data through the water-air boundary, water column, seabed and subsea structures using HydroFi technology. Our patented communication, monitoring and navigational platform and solutions help global aquaculture, ocean observing, offshore wind, and oil and gas industries. Armed with dynamic readings, our customers can make smart, data-driven decisions for any situation they may encounter.
The Field Trials Technician will be responsible for carrying out testing of CSignum’s products in the office and the field (onshore and offshore) while significantly contributing to the test definition prior to test. The role will also have an element of technician level work such as soldering and assembly work. The role is suitable for a candidates with general field service background or ex-military technicians.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on problem solver who has experience deploying equipment and is capable of planning activities for a trial of our equipment. The candidate must also be capable of using CSignum software to drive the testing.
CSignum is an expanding start-up and ideal candidates will be able to bring experience of process-heavy environments but adapt their approach to an agile and dynamic company.
- Carry out a variety of tests in and around the office.
- Carry out a variety of tests off-site (both onshore and offshore) both nationally and internationally.
- Assemble products for prototyping and create cabling required for trials.
- Assemble test fixtures required for testing and provide input into test fixture design to the engineering teams
- Installation of test fixtures in at the final test site.
- Trouble shooting installation problems.
- Interact with customers when on-site giving a positive impression of the company.
- Ensure compliance with CSignum’ s and the operating sites HSE policies.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Experience installing equipment
- Hands-on experience of technician level work such as soldering, workshop tools, and assembly of parts.
- Being capable of using the product user interface to drive tests.
- Following procedures and accurately and meticulously recording results.
- Contributing to test procedures for the testing that you will undertake.
- A clear communicator.
- Proven ability to take the initiative and self motivated problem solver.
- Ability to travel globally.
It would be beneficial for the candidate to have experience in some or all the following areas:
- Experience installing equipment in a subsea environment.
- Using acoustic or optical modems.
Qualifications & Certifications
- Extensive experience successfully deploying equipment and solving problems when they arise.
- Ability to attain offshore certifications to allow them to work offshore.
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- 33 days holidays per year (inclusive of public holidays).
- Flexible working hours with some remote working opportunities (post COVID).
- Wide array of onsite facilities such as subsidised gym, child care (Childcare not provided by CSignum), canteen, and pool table.
- Private medical insurance for you and your partner.
- Death in service cover