Job Description – Test Engineer
CSignum is the only wireless communications provider that enables transmission of data through the water-air boundary, water column, seabed and subsea structures using HydroFi technology. Our patented communication, monitoring and navigational platform and solutions help global aquaculture, ocean observing, offshore wind, and oil and gas industries. Armed with dynamic readings, our customers can make smart, data-driven decisions for any situation they may encounter.
Purpose of the Role
This role will initially focus on the production testing of CSignum’s flagship product (with particular focus on hardware/software testing). This will involve hands-on working in the Bathgate office to carry out test activities that cannot be done remotely, visits to our local contract manufacturer, and occasional off-site testing.
CSignum is an expanding start-up and ideal candidates will be able to bring experience of process-heavy environments but adapt their approach to an agile and dynamic company.
CSignum are looking for a proactive test engineer to work closely with our small team of electronics, mechanical, software and other test engineers. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Using Jira to manage test cases and sign-off on software functionality being fully tested.
- Generating functional, integration (product and system), and production test cases and documentation.
- Working with our contract manufacturer on initial production test setup and ensuring our products are tested correctly.
- Pull together product and system level test documentation.
- Test execution at integration and system test levels
- Adding acceptance tests to existing functionality.
- Participate in design review sessions and sign-off on tested features.
- Effectively log, monitor and retest all defects found during testing
- Escalating any issues likely to affect the project scope or timescales
- Create rapid test setups to enable integration of new sensors into our products
- Product prototype assembly
- Work closely with any software test engineers for product and system integration
- On site/ in lab test support.
- Local off-site work required for testing product e.g. on boat in the sea or in a loch.
- Participate in more practical aspects of product testing.
- Writing and/or running test scripts
- Product inspection
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Extensive experience working in a formal hardware/embedded software test environment.
- Track record in writing test procedures.
- Creating test processes and procedures to ensure consistency across teams.
- Experience with test automation.
- Experience using revision control systems.
- Experience with common interfaces such as RS232, RS485, ethernet, SPI, I2C, Canbus
- Capable of reading schematics, using oscilloscopes and logic analysers, network analysers, spectrum analysers.
- Surface mount, through hole, wiring soldering
It would be beneficial for the candidate to have experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Experience with Texas Instruments ARM processors and DSP processors.
- Experience with bit bucket
- Experience with Jira and Scrum
- Software experience with C
- Experience working in an agile environments.
- Experience with schematic capture with Altium Designer.
- Experience with LabView or other test automation software.
Qualifications & Certifications
- 5 years testing experience preferred.
- Engineering degree preferred or equivalent professional experience.
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Company Pension Scheme
- 33 days holidays per year (inclusive of public holidays)
- Flexible working hours with some remote working opportunities (post COVID).
- Wide array of onsite facilities such as subsidised gym, child care (Childcare not provided by CSignum), canteen, and pool table.
- Private medical insurance for you and your partner
- Death in service cover