CSignum is the only wireless communications provider that enables transmission of data through the water-air boundary, water column, seabed and subsea structures using HydroFi technology. Our patented communication, monitoring and navigational platform and solutions help global aquaculture, ocean observing, offshore wind, and oil and gas industries. Armed with dynamic readings, our customers can make smart, data-driven decisions for any situation they may encounter.
Purpose of the Role
This role will support the development CSignum’s flagship product development. The role is a permanent position in our expanding Software department reporting to the Software Team Leader. The role is available due to acceleration of feature additions to our flagship product, and strong desire to improve our DSP offering. This will involve COVID compliant hands-on working in the Bathgate office to carry out test activities that cannot be done working remotely.
CSignum is an expanding start-up and ideal candidates will be able to bring experience of process-heavy environments but adapt their approach to an agile and dynamic company.
CSignum are looking for a proactive software engineer to work closely with our small team of Electronics, Mechanical and System engineers. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the research, design, and development of Radio Signal Processing algorithms.
- Develop MATLAB/Python Models to assess system, performance, and parameter analysis.
- Creating software processes and procedures to ensure that the software team is working in the same way.
- Produce reliable C code across multiple types of microprocessors including DSP and RTOS, that meets the system and product requirements.
- Actively participate in scrum, and log tasks in Jira.
- Test code during unit test, integration test, design verification test, acceptance test and compliance testing.
- Setup and run regression testing.
- Work closely with electronics team to ensure hardware is testable.
- On site/ in lab test support.
- Work as part of the software team to ensure a cohesive software platform.
- Collaborating with Universities and third parties to improve the radio DSP platform.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge of basic DSP theory [Sampling, IIR/ FIR filtering, FFT, adaptive LMS].
- DSP algorithm development, implementation, and optimisation.
- Experience of modelling/simulating algorithms [MATLAB/Simulink].
- Proven experience working to software process and procedures and the ability to create procedures and processes from scratch.
- Extensive experience with the C programming language with embedded systems to meet product requirements.
- Experience with bit bucket.
- Experience with Jira and scrum.
- Experience with TI Code composer studio.
- Proven experience writing software test procedures.
- Proven hands-on testing capability.
- Digital communication schemes
It would be beneficial for the candidate to have experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Experience developing Windows based applications.
- Experience setting up software build servers.
- Experience with Texas Instruments ARM processors and DSP processors.
- Experience with real time operating systems
- Capable of reading schematics, using oscilloscopes and logic analysers
- Acoustic or low frequency RF digital communication schemes
Qualifications & Certifications
- Time served working in the areas of essential experience preferred. The level of the role will depend on the level of experience of the candidate.
- Minimum 2:1 Engineering degree / Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Company Pension Scheme
- 33 days holidays per year (inclusive of public holidays)
- Flexible working hours with some remote working opportunities (post COVID).
- Wide array of onsite facilities such as subsidised gym, child care (Childcare not provided by CSignum), canteen, and pool table.
- Private medical insurance for you and your partner
- Death in service cover