Applications Support Engineer
CSignum is the only wireless communications provider that enables transmission of data through the water-air boundary, water column, seabed and subsea structures using HydroFi technology. Our patented communication, monitoring and navigational platform and solutions help global aquaculture, ocean observing, offshore wind, and oil and gas industries. Armed with dynamic readings, our customers can make smart, data-driven decisions for any situation they may encounter.
Purpose of the Role
This position is responsible for engaging with customers and strategic partners to optimise sales of the Hydro-Fi product suite. The Applications Support Engineer will work in partnership with Sales and Engineering to understand customer applications and deployment scenarios. Evaluate technical, environmental, and commercial risks. As we are developing our support capability, the person will also be key to developing the customer support procedures and be willing to field support and maintenance queries.
- Be a key technical resource driving the adoption of Hydro-Fi technology into specific customer applications.
- Consult with clients and strategic partners to understand their specific technology and deployment needs.
- Facilitate the link between customer needs (opportunities) with CSignum current and future technology plans, including writing reports and whitepapers.
- Partner with Sales and Engineering to evaluate and prioritise opportunities for product development – e.g. if sector specific development is required, fully evaluate the opportunity in terms of technology needs, market potential, impact and timing
- Facilitate technical external dialogue to capture user-defined needs, feedback and requirements to guide product roadmap development
- Contribute to internal knowledge of competing technologies, evolving marketing trends and technology advancement.
- Contribute to development and review of technical proposal and funding applications.
- Maintain positive and effective client, supplier and partner relationships.
- Providing clients with technical support and act as technological expert advisor for our products as part of a Helpdesk structure.
- Support customer installations and demonstrations of equipment, confirm proper communication between equipment and systems.
- Optimising applications by integrating new technologies and performing product upgrades.
- Project manage customer demonstrations and contribute in the preparation of quotes and project estimations.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Excellent people management, interpersonal and communications skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in design, commissioning or technical support of, instrumentation and control systems or similar technologies.
- Willing to be hands-on during testing, trials and customer demos.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change and pressure.
- Strong decision making and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Proactive, Self-motivated and ability manage workload effectively.
- The ability to act as interface between technical and non-technical disciplines.
- The ability to travel within the UK and abroad to fulfil the role either independently or part of a team.
It would be beneficial for the candidate to have experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Sales, marketing and customer support experience
- Experience with subsea instrumentation such as ADCP, Sonde and other underwater sensors including their common interfaces.
- 3+ years experience specifically within the underwater engineering environment.
- Well developed network within subsea and / or freshwater sectors Experience working with teams using Jira and SCRUM methodology.
- Good understanding of typical engineering processes for delivering multi-disciplinary products
- Understanding of Project Management methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
Qualifications & Certifications
- Degree qualified in relevant subject, or significant practical experience relevant to the role.
- Clean driving licence.
- Financial compensation to be discussed.
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance plans available
- Death In service insurance policy available
- 33 days holidays per year (inclusive of public holidays)
- Flexible working hours with hybrid working available.
- Wide array of onsite facilities such as subsidised gym, child care (payment required), and canteen.
To apply, please send us your CV with Applications Support Engineer in the subject line to: Jobs@csignum.com