Project Support Manager
CSignum is the only wireless communications provider that enables transmission of data through the water-air boundary, water column, seabed and subsea structures using HydroFi technology. Our patented communication, monitoring and navigational platform and solutions help global aquaculture, ocean observing, offshore wind, and oil and gas industries. Armed with dynamic readings, our customers can make smart, data-driven decisions for any situation they may encounter.
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the role is to assist engineering in delivering products and projects in a dynamic environment while reporting progress and issues to the management team. Therefore the role requires an understanding and application of programme management, supply chain management and stakeholder management.
CSignum is an expanding start-up and ideal candidates will be able to adapt their approach to an agile and dynamic company.
CSignum are looking for a hands-on proactive Project Support Manager to work closely with our engineering team, management and suppliers. Your key responsibilities will evolve over time but will typically include:
- Driving the execution of projects and reporting progress and issues to management.
- Project planning and reporting.
- Active management of risks, issues and opportunities including management of change from a defined commercial/technical baseline.
- Support bidding activities to ensure that the projects are achievable with available resources.
- Reporting project progress and issues to management.
- Supporting engineering Scrum process.
- Keeping track and reporting of project financials.
- Be the focal point of the relationship between CSignum and our Contract manufacturer to ensure products are delivered on time and to the necessary quality standards.
- Assist with procurement efforts for key-assemblies and components.
- Continuously improve the companies project management methodology to suit a company of this size.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- 2-4 years’ experience in programme/project management in an engineering company.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change and pressure.
- Excellent people management, interpersonal and communications skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- A strong negotiator and influencer both internally and externally.
- Balanced skills to see and understand the big picture while managing the important details as required.
- Strong decision making and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Good understanding of project management in an engineering environment.
- Locally based/ willing to relocate, and willing to work in our COVID compliant office in Bathgate.
It would be beneficial for the candidate to have experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Defining project management process
- Experience working with teams using Jira and SCRUM methodology.
- Proven ability to deliver results using outsourcing suppliers.
- Good understanding of typical engineering processes for delivering multi-disciplinary products.
Qualifications & Certifications
- A Project Management qualification from an industry body is preferred but not essential e.g. APM, PRINCE2, PMI.
- £35k to £40k salary depending on experience
- Company Pension Scheme
- 33 days holidays per year (inclusive of public holidays)
- Flexible working hours with some remote working opportunities (post COVID).
- Wide array of onsite facilities such as subsidised gym, child care (payment required), canteen, and pool table.